Friday, February 10, 2012

Refried Bean Chili

I love Chili and I am finding so many new and interesting way to make it!  I think it is so fun to experiement with it and see how it turns out.  It's kind of a hard dish to mess up! :)
Ingredients:
1.25lb Lean Ground Turkey
1 Onion
3 cloves Garlic
2 Tablespoons Cumin
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Light Red Kidney Beans
1 can Fat Free Refried Beans
1 can Fat Free Beef Broth
1 jar Picante Sauce (Mild)
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
I sprayed a frying pan with Pam and then sauteed the chopped onion and garlic together.
After the onion and garlic are mostly done cooking you can add the turkey and seasonings.  While this is cooking I rinsed and drained the beans.
Then I added the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
The turkey shouldn't take to long to cook and it will look so good when it is finished!
Mix everything together so that it is ready to cook.
I let this cook on low for eight hours and then warm for three more hours.
It was so good!
Nutritional Info:
Servings: 6
WW Points Plus: 7
Calories: 339
Fat: 7
Carbs: 49
Protein: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment