Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pork Tacos

Sorry for such a delay in our postings.  I guess we have been enjoying this Summer heat wave a little too much! lol  The other day I found a Pork Shoulder in my freezer and thought it would be great for some Pork Tacos.  This recipe was extremely easy to make and it was delicious too! :)
Ingredients:
1 lb Pork Shoulder
2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
Water

First I rubbed a tablespoon of taco seasoning on both sides of the Pork Shoulder.
The meat was still frozen so I did this the night before and let it thaw in the fridge until morning.  Then I added enough water to cover the meat completely.
I let it cook for nine hours on low.
This was the perfect meal that day.  It was over 90 degrees outside and I was able to make dinner without feeling like I was heating up the whole kitchen.  Next I took the meat out, threw away the fat and shredded it on a plate.  It fell apart with hardly any effort.
After the meat was ready I heated up some tortillas and added the meat, cheese and lettuce to them.  I really liked it!

Nutritional Info: (Meat Only)
4 Servings
Calories: 211
Fat: 13
Carbs: 2
Protein: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment