Wednesday, September 14, 2011

White Chicken Chili

Well it seems like Summer has ended and Fall is here once again... White Chicken Chili in the Crock Pot is my favorite!! It is so easy to make and pretty healthy for you too!  I normally mix everything together the night before so all I have to do in the morning is turn it on... I'm not really a morning person.

To begin add the chicken, onion, olive oil and garlic to a saucepan and cook it until they are light brown.

Eight Chicken Tenderloins, One Medium Onion, One Tablespoon Olive Oil and One Tablespoon Garlic Garlic
After this is complete you can add it right into the Crock Pot.  Next you need to gather your other ingredients.  I normally like to soak all of the beans ahead of time and freeze them for later use, one bag normally equals two cans.  I am trying to keep things as fresh as possible these days.  I had Chickpeas in the freezer, but I did not have any white kidney beans.  I'm going to admit that I did go out and buy a can because I was pressed for time.  When soaking the beans I always add the bag of rinsed beans to a pot full of water and cover them overnight.  When I get home from work the next day I boil them for a couple of minutes and they are good to go! :)

Whole Kernel Corn, Green Chilies, White Kidney Beans, Chickpeas, Cumin, Oregano, Chili Powder, Chicken Bouillon and Red Pepper.
 Now all you have to do is add everything to the Slow Cooker and mix it around.  Set it on low for 7-8 hours and your dinner will welcome you when you get home!

Before I left for work...

Finished product.
All you have to do here is mix it up and serve it!  I ate mine as it was; however, my friend added cheese and sour cream to his.  We both enjoyed it!! I will continue making this all season long!


White Chicken Chili:
1 lb Boneless and Skinless Chicken, cubed
1 Medium Onion, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cup Water
1 (15oz) Can White Kidney Beans, rinsed
1 (15oz) Can of Chickpeas, rinsed
1 Can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
1 (4 oz) Can Green Chilies
1 Teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper

You can make it as spicy as your wish by adding more or less Chilies and Red Pepper! I like to keep things pretty tame though...

No comments:

Post a Comment