Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

The entire family went up north to Boyne Mountain this past weekend and everyone was put in charge of a meal.  I decided to test out the Crockpot on the family and make a breakfast casserole.  Plus, this way I didn't have to worry about waking up super early to get everything ready.

I cooked and cut everything that I could ahead of time at home so that I didn't have to worry about it up north.
One Green Pepper and a bunch of Green Onion

One pound of Breakfast Sausage and a pound of Bacon
The bacon had to be chopped before I put everything into containers and left for vacation.  Around 10:00 pm I got my Slow Cooker ready and let it cook!  First I covered the bottom with frozen potatoes, covered that with a mixture of the two meats, then the two vegetables and finally the cheese.  Try to save enough each time so that you can have three even layers.  In a bowl I mixed 12 Eggs with a cup of Milk and poured it evenly over the layers.

Before
 We stayed up pretty late and didn't go to bed until about 3:00 am.  The condo already started smelling amazing before we went to sleep!! Since I went to bed so late I was not able to see exactly what it looked like when it was finished but it was tasty!! Everyone seemed to enjoy it!  I used the Mild Sausage and it still had a little kick to it!  I would also recommend adding more vegetables next time and a package of Mushrooms!
The leftovers
Ingredients:
1 lb Breakfast Sausage
1 lb Bacon
1 Green Pepper
1 bunch Green Onion
2 cups Cheddar Cheese
1 Package Frozen Hashbrowns (32oz)
12 Eggs
1 cup Milk

Cook for 10-12 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment