Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes

We had extra sweet potatoes around. So I decided to find a recipe that I could use them in. This recipe is nice since it doesn't have a ton of ingredients. It was very simple to make.

Ingredients: (Serves 6)
6 Pork Chops
4 Sweet Potatoes
1 Can Whole Cranberry Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste


I peeled the sweet potatoes the night before to save myself time in the morning. I placed the potatoes in a bowl with water and salt to prevent them from turning brown.

Place the pork in the slower cooker. Layer the cranberry sauce with the pork.


Chop the sweet potatoes. I just quartered them, and it worked out great. Now that I think about it, I should have chopped them the night before also.


Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker also.


Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.



The sweet potatoes were so soft and easy to mash. I love to eat mine with butter and brown sugar. Mmmmm.... The pork was dry though... I ended up cooking mine for 8 hours on low plus 4 hours on warm. This may be the reason the pork was dry. I suggest trying 6 hours instead of 8. The flavor of the pork was great though. Interesting how the cranberries disappeared.


Nutritional Information: (for Pork and Sweet Potatoes)
398 Calories
12g Fat
4g Fiber
30g Protein
42g Carbs
10 WW PointsPlus

Recipe found on Sparkpeople.com from JENNIW70.

No comments:

Post a Comment