Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pinto and Barley Soup

I've really started liking bean soup lately and thought this would be worth a shot.  I decided to make it vegetarian to cut down on the calories and fat.

Ingredients:
8 cups Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Dry Pinto Beans
1/2 cup Barley
3 cups Carrots, chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon Parsley
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped




I did this the night before to give the beans some extra time to soak in the broth.  Then chop the vegetables and mix everything together.
Sorry this turned out so blurry



I set this on low for nine hours and then it sat on warm for 2 more.



The kitchen smelled fantastic when I got home!
Nutritional Info
6 Servings
Points Plus: 4
Calories: 92
Fat: 1
Carbs: 20
Protein: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment