Monday, January 30, 2012

Asparagus Risotto

I have tried to make risotto twice in my life. It was a pain having to stir it for so long over the stove. I decided that I wanted to see how it would turn out in a slow cooker. I am so happy I tried!

Ingredients: (Serves 4)
1/2 Onion
2T Olive Oil
1/4c White Wine
1c Arborio Rice (short grain rice)
1 Bunch of Asparagus
3c Chicken Broth
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/4c Grated Parmesan or Asiago Cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste


Chop the onions


Chop the asparagus. I usually throw out the bottom couple inches because they are so tough.


In a pan, saute the onions in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.


Add the white wine to the frying pan and let it cook for 1 minute.


Mix the rice with the onion and wine. This will coat the rice with oil, which helps the rice to not stick together while cooking in the slow cooker. Cook for 2 minutes.


Put rice mixture in the slow cooker.


Add asparagus, broth, and garlic to the slow cooker.


Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. No need to stir while cooking.

Stir in Parmesan before serving.


Dinner is served. This was so good! It was so much easier than standing over the stove for a long time continuously stirring the risotto. It can be served as the main entree or a side dish. I can't wait to make it again! It'll be fun to switch it up with different veggies each time.


Nutrition:
293 Calories
9g Fat
4g Fiber
10g Protein
48g Carbs
8 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment