Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Applesauce Chicken

I had quite a bit of applesauce on hand so I thought I would be resourceful and try Applesauce Chicken.   It turned out really good!  It would be a great Fall dish.

Ingredients:
1 lb Boneless Chicken
1 1/2 cups Applesauce
1 tablespoon Onion Flakes
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic (or two cloves)
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
Place the Chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  I used a two cup measuring cup to mix everything else together.  Then I spread it out on top of the frozen chicken.
Before work I set the slow cooker on low for seven hours and then it sat on warm for five hours.  It has to sit on warm longer when I leave earlier for the gym.
We really enjoyed this one because it was so different than most chicken recipes.  If you are looking to get out of a rut this would be a great one to try!  I served mine on wheat couscous with broccoli.
Nutrional Info (Not including couscous):
WW Points Plus: 5
Calories: 840
Fat: 7
Protein: 38
Carbs: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment