Saturday, November 5, 2011

Green Bean Casserole (Thanksgiving Trial #2)

I also made a dish for our Girls Night In - Thanksgiving Edition this week. We were making all of the traditional dishes, so I choose green bean casserole. This was my first time making it in the crock pot. I think making the casserole in the crock pot is a great option when your oven is filled other dishes leaving no room for your green bean casserole.


Ingredients: (Serves 6)
1 - 14.5 oz Can of French Style Green Beans
1 - 14.5 oz Can of Cut Green Beans
1 - 10 3/4 oz Can of 98% Fat Freen Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 - 4 oz Cans of Mushroom Pieces
1/2c Nonfat Milk
1t Worcestershire Sauce
1/2t Black Pepper
Package of French Onion Soup
1/4 - 6oz French's Fried Onions

The ingredients shown above serve 6. Just multiply the recipe to make it large enough for your Thanksgiving Feast. I doubled the recipe to serve 12.



1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray
2. Drain the green beans and mushrooms
3. Combine canned green beans with a can of mushrooms in the crock pot




4. Mix cream of mushroom soup, milk, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and french onion soup mix in a seperate bowl





5. Cover green beans and mushrooms with the sauce. Do not stir





6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours


I love having the crunchy fried onion topping on my green bean casserole. So I added an additional step that requires using the oven for a few minutes after the casserole is done cooking.




7. Cover the casserole with the fried onions

8. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes



Your green bean casserole is ready for the party! I got quite a few compliments on the dish. Personally, I thought it was a little salty and would leave out the french onion soup next time. I love the crock pot alternative to the Thanksgiving classic!

Nutritional Info: (1 cup serving)
157 Calories
8g Fat
4g Fiber
2g Protein
19g Carbs
4 WW PointsPlus


Recipe found on food.com from smilyus

No comments:

Post a Comment