Monday, November 14, 2011

Stuffing (Thanksgiving Trial #6)

Stuffing is my all time favorite Thanksgiving dish!! So I figured it would be helpful to master the recipe in the Crock so that you could make extra for the big day!! :)

Ingredients:
7 cups Bread
1 cup Celery
1 cup Onion
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 cup Butter
2 teaspoon Parsley (2 tablespoon if fresh)
1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
3/4 teaspoon Sage
1/2 teaspoon Thyme
1/4 teaspoon Marjoram
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 Egg (1/4 cup Egg Beater)
1 can Chicken Broth

Begin by tearing the bread into little pieces and setting them in a bowl to dry out over night.  Next, melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the chopped up onion, celery, mushrooms and Parsley.  I prepared this the night before as well.  I put it in a separate bowl and left it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning the bread was nice and stale.  I warmed up the sauteed mixture in the microwave for about a minute and mixed it in with the bread pieces.  Then I added in the rest of the seasonings, the egg and a can of broth.  You should always mix it together in the bowl and then pour it into the slow cooker.  The end result was a little too soupy.  Next time I will only add a half can of broth.
I let it cook in the Slow Cooker for 7 hours and then it sat on warm for 3 hours.
The edges seemed a little over done but it just needed to be mixed together.  (The burnt parts ended up being my favorite!)
This Stuffing tasted so good!! I can't wait to try it in my Chicken and Stuffing recipe I have ready to go in the Slow Cooker tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment