Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chicken and Rice

Last night after trick-or-treating, I realized that I didn't get time to go grocery shopping yet. After a little searching through my cookbooks, I found a good recipe with 6 simple ingredients that I had in the house.

Ingredients: (Serves 6)
10 3/4oz Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 1/2c Water
1c Long Grain Rice, uncooked
12oz Boneless, skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
1/4t Black Pepper


This recipe was so easy for me to make before work in the morning. All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.




Cook on Low for 4 hours.




I actually cooked my meal for 5 hours. The rice was a little sticky at that point though. I believe this was also because Jasmine rice is a stickier rice. I suggest not using Jasmine rice and only cooking on low for 4 hours.




Dinner is served. We also heated up some corn on the side to add a vegetable.




Other than being sticky, the dinner was tasty.


Nutritional Information:
223 Calories
4g Fat
2g Fiber
16g Protein
29g Carbs
5 WW PointsPlus

Recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly

No comments:

Post a Comment