Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Mashed Potatoes

Last week I had made the Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes for girls night and had quite a bit left over.  I decided to use them in the Crock again and make a super simple dinner.  I didn't take an ingredients picture because I was just winging it...

Ingredients:
Mashed Potatoes (enough to cover the bottom of the Crock)
1 lb frozen chicken
1 can corn
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer
    (Could have used a little more of the spices because I couldn't really taste them)

I alway spray my Slow Cooker with Pam before I do anything to try to help the cleaning process.  Evenly spread out the mashed potatoes on the bottom of the Crock and layer the chicken on top.  Next sprinkle the chicken with the celery salt, poultry seasoning and the meat tenderizer.  After this is finished cover the chicken with the corn and then the cream of chicken soup.  Try to spread the soup out so that everything is completely covered to avoid drying out the chicken.
I put everything together the night before and then set the slow cooker in the morning on my way to work.  I cooked it on low for 7 hours and then let it sit on warm for 4 hours.
It looked a little scary but it was perfect once you mixed it up!  The one side got a little browned but it wasn't burnt.  You could probably cook it for 6 hours instead of 7.
 My friend Melissa came over and we enjoyed it before our Monday night shows.  It was a great meal for a cold night.  We thought adding mushrooms would be a great idea for next time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment