Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chicken and Stuffing

I've been hearing about a Chicken and Stuffing recipe for a couple weeks now and I was really excited to try it!  I had made the Stuffing in one of the Thanksgiving trials and thought I would try that.  All the recipes that I had come across were saying to use the unprepared stuffing.  I thought I would just try to make it with already prepared stuffing and see what happens.  It tasted delicious but the stuffing kind of disappeared... Next time I will try it the right way and I'm sure that it will turn out a lot different.  If you have extra stuffing after Thanksgiving this is a great way to make a new dish with it!

Ingredients:
1 lb Boneless Chicken
Around 3 cups of Stuffing
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spray the Slow Cooker with Olive Oil Pam (I'm thinking about starting to try the Crock Pot Liners...).  Then place the chicken in the bottom of the Crock.  I put it in frozen but it stayed in my fridge for a full day because of plans that came up.  Cover the chicken with the cream of chicken soup to prevent it from drying out and sprinkle it with the seasonings.
Next just spread and even layer of the stuffing on top of it and you are good to go!  I wonder how it would have turned out with a layer of mashed potatoes under the chicken... I may have to try that after the big holiday! :)
I set it on low for 5.5 hours and then it was on warm for another 4 hours.
This looks a little intimidating; however, after you mix everything together it looks a lot better!
I had a friend over for dinner and he seemed to enjoy it just as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment