Monday, November 21, 2011

Cranberry Sauce (Thanksgiving Trial #8)

There are only three more days until Thanksgiving!! I normally only like the Jellied Cranberry Sauce; however, since we are all getting into the Thanksgiving spirit I figured I would try making the Cranberry Sauce in the slow cooker.  This was so easy to make!! I was able to throw it all together and cook it in under three hours.

Ingredients:
12 oz bag of Cranberries
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Orange Zest


I had to run out and get the Orange while it was cooking

Rinse off the cranberries and check them for stems when adding them.  Then mix all of the ingredients (besides the orange zest) together in the slow cooker.
Place the cover on top and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
Take a big spoon and mash up all of the cranberries and mix in the orange zest.
Now you can just let this cool and it will be ready to serve!
It gets really thick after it has cooled to room temperature.  I tried it last night and I really liked it!  It has sooo much flavor!  It will really wake up everyones senses on Thanksgiving.  Plus it looks so much nicer than the standard cranberries that are served with the can rings around the edges. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment