Saturday, November 12, 2011

Squash (Thanksgiving Trial #4)

This recipe was so easy to make that I almost feel weird posting it.  It would be a great dish for an inexperienced cook to bring to Thanksgiving Dinner because there is nothing hard about making it.  Recently I have really liked Acorn Squash.  I normally cut them in half and take the seeds out.  Then I pop it in the microwave with a little water for 15 minutes.  When the Squash is cooked all day in the slow cooker it brings out so many flavors.  It was fantastic and I didn't need to add butter or any flavorings!

Before work I threw two of them in the slow cooker with a little bit of water on the bottom.  You can add in as many as will fit in the Crock if you are hosting a big dinner or want to reheat it for leftover all week long.
I set the slow cooker on low for 7 hours and then they stayed on warm for 3 more hours.
They were very soft when I got home so be careful when you pick them up.  Now all you need to do is cut them in half and take the seeds out.  A lot of water did come out of one of them so be careful not to burn yourself.
After the seeds are removed scrape the insides into a bowl and mix it up!
I volunteered to bring Squash to Thanksgiving dinner.  I want to add a little more excitement to it.  I wonder if you can use a mixture of different kinds of Squash together?  Has anyone tried that?

Points Plus: 0

2 comments:

  1. Hubbard squash have a good flavor too

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You figured out how to comment on the actual blog! :)

    ReplyDelete