Friday, October 28, 2011

Ranch Chicken

I was so excited to try this Ranch Chicken recipe and it definitely did not let me down!  I tried to make it as healthy as possible but it still ended up a little higher in points that I would have wanted.  It's worth it though!  It was sooo easy to make and would be great for someone that hasn't used a Slow Cooker yet.

Ingredients:
2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken
2 boxes Fat Free Cream Cheese
2 packets Ranch Dressing Mix
2 cans Fat Free Chicken Broth

All you need for this are four simple ingredients.
First place all of the chicken in the Slow Cooker.  In a bowl mix together the broth and ranch mix and then pour it over the chicken.  Next just cut the cream cheese into slices and cover the chicken with them.

I put this in the fridge overnight.  In the morning I set it on low for seven hours and then it stayed on warm for two and a half hours.  I came home and it smelled excellent but looked kind of weird.  It probably would have been really good if I cut up fresh broccolli and put it in the night before too.
I got home and cooked some broccolli and rice to go with it and dinner was served.  I made it into four servings but they were pretty big.  You can probably get six servings out of it if you are trying to cut back.
I saved all of the extra sauce to put over vegetables.  Does that make it less points for the meals? lol

Servings: 4
WW Points+: 10


6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it as much as I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I came across your blog and wanted to share the slow cooker challenge with you. A bunch of bloggers are getting together to challenge themselfs and their readers to use their slow cookerers for a week each month. share recipes and do giveaways. Please join the blogging group https://www.facebook.com/groups/265224660182978/ first challenge is on Nov 7 -13 the recipe FB page is www.facebook.com/SlowCookerChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fun!! We normally made 2-3 recipes each a week. I'm going to check it out... Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you put chicken in pre-cooked, frozen or thawed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put frozen chicken in the Crock but I put it all together before I went to bed and just threw it in before work. So it might have thawed a little bit. I normally just add frozen and they turn out fine.

    ReplyDelete