Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mom's Chili

Today many of my family members came over to can applesauce. This morning, I decided to start some chili in the crockpot. It was ready for lunch after we were done canning. I used the recipe that my mom has always used. It's delicious!

FYI, this is a double recipe to feed all of us. I had to cook it in 2 slow cookers. You will most likely want to cut the ingredients in half.

Ingredients:
2 Quarts of Canned Tomatoes
2 Cans of Kidney Beans
2 Cans of Black Beans
2 Cans of Great Northern Beans
2lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1T Cumin
1T Chili Powder


Chop the onion and peppers. If you prefer spicier food, you could use a different type of pepper.



Brown the ground beef and peppers on the stove.



Mix all of the ingredients in the crockpot.

Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
I served the chili with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped onions, and club crackers on the side.

I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did.

Nutritional Info:
317 calories
5g fat
12g fiber
28g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment