Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shredded Taco Chicken

This one is a lot like the Garlic Chicken.  I made it because I wanted to switch up my salads for the week.  I also received a chili dip mix at a Tastefully Simple party and I thought it would work better spread out on two pounds of chicken because it was soooo spicy.

Ingredients:
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 packet Taco Seasoning (I used the Dip Packet)
1/2 cup Water
I forgot to take the picture of the ingredients but it was pretty basic.

Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Mix the water and the Taco Seasoning together and pour it over top the chicken.
I set it on low for 8 hours and then warm for 2 more hours.

Take a fork and shred the chicken.  It was really moist and came apart really easily.
For dinner I put the chicken on top of Tortilla chips and cheese and then I covered it with lettuce.  It was so good!! Then I had a Crystal Light Margarita with it. :)
I'm having the rest of it for lunch this week.  I'm using it on a salad with black beans, corn and cheese.

Nutritional Info
5.5 Servings (4oz)
WW Points Plus: 3
Calories: 110
Fat: 2.5g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 23g

No comments:

Post a Comment