Saturday, January 7, 2012

Italian Chicken Stew

Here's another recipe that my husband picked out for me. It's a nice stew to keep you warm this winter. Plus, it's a clean recipe. :)

Ingredients:
2 Uncooked Boneless, skinless Chicken Breast Halves
19oz Can of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
15 1/2oz Can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
14 1/2oz Can of Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1c Celery, chopped
1c Carrots, sliced
2 Garlic Cloves
1c Water
1/2c Dry Red Wine or Lowfat Chicken Broth
3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning (I used 1/2 oregano and 1/2 basil)


Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well.





Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.





I didn't cut the chicken before cooking. After the stew was done cooking, I used a large spoon to break up the chicken.


Dinner is served. :)




I would suggest cooking the stew longer than 5-6 hours to allow the beans to get softer.

My family liked the stew. I liked mine topped with parmesan cheese since I prefer creamier soups.

Nutrition:

409 Calories

3g Fat

18g Fiber

35g Protein

65g Carbs

10 WW PointsPlus




Recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly

No comments:

Post a Comment