Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cinnamon Oatmeal

I never want to spend much time making breakfast at 6am. So I was looking for something I could heat up quickly in the morning. I don't like cereal since it doesn't keep me satisfied for long. Oatmeal is a great option with lots of fiber. :D This is my first time making it in a crock pot.

Ingredients: (Serves 6)
3c Old Fashioned Oatmeal
4.5c Skim Milk
4.5c Water
1t Vanilla
1t Ground Cinnamon
3T Margarine

You can reduce the amount you make pretty easily. Just use the 3:1 ratio for the milk/water to oatmeal.


Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix the oatmeal, milk, water, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon in the slow cooker. You don't even need to melt the butter.

I have heard of a lot of people that had issues with the oatmeal burning to the slow cooker. I made sure that I sprayed the crock and added butter to prevent the burning.



Cover and cook on warm for 9 hours. I cooked the oatmeal on warm, because people suggested this to prevent burning. I did this and the oatmeal was pretty liquidy. None of the oatmeal burned. Next time I will cook on low for 4 hours, and then have my slow cooker switch to warm for 9 hours. Hopefully, this will make thicker oatmeal without burning.



Stir and divide into tuperware for the week. :)



I ate my oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. It was very good! I'll be enjoying it for the rest of this week.




Nutrition:

249 Calories

7g Fat

4g Fiber

11g Protein

36g Carbs

6 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment