Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hamburger Casserole

I was excited to try this one yesterday because sometimes you just get bored with the same old chicken dinners all of the time.  I modified the recipe quite a bit and added larger portions of the vegetables to make larger and healthier portions.

Parsley, Mushrooms, Tomato Soup, Peas & Carrots, Onion, Corn, Potatoes and Ground Beef.  (I accidentally left out the Celery...)

I prepared everything the night before when I was waiting for some friends to come over.  In a saucepan I browned the Ground Beef with the Onion and Celery.
You may want to use your biggest pan because it was overflowing in the beginning but then it all cooked down.  While this was cooking I sliced the potatoes and added everything to the Slow Cooker.  I had fresh parsley on hand so I chopped up a small handful too.  Then I mixed in the meat mixture and put it in the fridge.  It was so easy!

The Before Shot

In the morning I set it to cook for nine hours and when I came home it smelled like heaven! :)
It was fantastic!! Next time I make it I will probably use a whole onion instead of half and I will add more mushrooms.  I could barely tell I had added either of them.

Ingredients:
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
3 Large Potatoes, Sliced
1 12oz Bag of Peas and Carrots
1 12oz Bag of Corn
4 Celery Stalks, Chopped
1/2 Onion, Chopped
1 Can Heathly Request Tomato Soup
1 Cup Water
Small bunch of Parsley, Chopped
8 oz Mushrooms, Chopped
Salt and Pepper

9 Servings
6 Points +
(I couldn't find a calculator to get the other info)

Original Recipe found at Laaloosh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment