Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mac and Cheese

When I saw the recipe for Mac and Cheese, I had to try it. That has been one of my favorite meals since I was a kid.

Ingredients:
8oz Whole Wheat Elbow Macaroni, cooked al dente
12oz Can Fat Free Evaporated Milk
1 cup Fat Free Milk
1/3 cup Egg Whites
4 cups Shredded 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp White Pepper
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese



Boil the macaroni until al dente



Coat the crock with non-stick cooking spray.

Mix everything except 1c cheese and the Parmesan cheese in the crock.


Layer the Parmesan cheese and 1c cheese on top.



Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.

I started mine before work for 3 hours. Then it stayed on warm the rest of the day. I think this was too long. It was a tad bit dry. I think the shorter cook time would fix that problem.





Enjoy! You're kids will love it!


Nutrition: (8 servings)

347 Calories

31 Carbs

13g Fat

24g Protein


Recipe from Sherry L. Lapp in Lancaster, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment