Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Taco Soup

I love tacos and I had never heard of Taco Soup before so I decided to try it.  It was delicious!

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Chicken (Beef or Turkey would work too)
1 pk Taco Seasoning
1 pk Ranch Dressing Mix
1 qt Stewed Tomatoes
1 3oz can of Green Chilies
1 can Corn
1 can Black Beans
1 5oz can Black Olives
1 Onion
1 cup Tomato Juice
First I broke up the chicken and mixed it together with the taco and ranch mixes.
I forgot to add the stewed tomatoes to the ingredient picture.
Now all you have to do is stir in the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.  Do not drain the corn or the beans.
I cooked this on low for six hours.
The house smelled amazing when I got home from work.  I would definitely try this recipe again!  I was afraid the chilies would make it really spicy but they didn't at all.
I broke the bread up into mine but I don't like when soup is super liquidy.  

Nutritional Info:
8 Servings
Calories: 217
Fat: 9g
Carbs: 25
Protein: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment