Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Parmesan Chicken

I love the simple recipes with basically just frozen chicken and a can of soup.  What could be easier to make than that?! lol

Ingredients:
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 tablespoons Butter (You could probably skip this step)
1 packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 cans 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 1/2 cup Skim Milk
1 cup Long Grain Brown Rice
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Spray the slow cooker down with Pam to prevent any sticking later.  Place the frozen chicken breasts into the slow cooker and spread a little bit of the butter on each breast.  I really don't think this step was necessary though.
Mix the soup, milk, soup mix and rice together in a separate bowl.  I had to use a whisk to try to get all of the lumps out.
Spread this on top of the chicken and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of it.
I cooked this on low for 8 hours and then it sat on warm for about a half an hour.
I had to carefully try to break up the chicken breasts without having them shred on me.  Then I served it with cauliflower and broccoli.
This meal was so easy and it had so much flavor!! My roommates loved it too!  One added hot sauce to it but I thought that was a little extreme... lol

Nutritional Info:
6 Servings
Calories: 378
Fat: 9
Carbs: 38
Protein: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment