Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Creamy Chicken and Bean Soup

It has been so cold out lately so I thought I would test out a new soup recipe! This has enough spice to really warm you up after a cold drive home... :)

Ingredients:
2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken
1/2 Onion
1 15oz jar Light Alfredo Sauce
1 can White Kidney Beans
1 4oz can Green Chilies
2 teaspoons Cumin
1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Garlic

I began by halfway defrosting the chicken.  Then I was able to cut it up into little chunks and place it in the slow cooker.
I chopped up the onion and mixed it in with the chicken.
Finally you to can mix in all of the remaining ingredients except for the shredded cheese.
I cooked this on low for eight hours.
It looked a little odd because of the Alfredo sauce that cooked all day but it turned out great!
I topped the soup with a quarter cup of the shredded cheese.  Then once I tried it I thought it was a lot more spicy than I intended... I had to add some sour cream and drink a glass of milk; however, I am a huge baby when it comes to spicy food.  Everyone else that had it thought it was delicious!

Nutritional Info: (Soup and cheese)
8 Servings
Calories: 192
Fat: 5
Carbs: 8
Protein: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment