Monday, January 14, 2013

Pork and Potatoes

Now that the holidays are over it is finally time to start getting back on track! I had chicken with a Honey Dijon topping on it and it was amazing! I thought it would be good on pork tenderloin as well.

Ingredients:
1.5 lb Pork Tenderloin
4 Potatoes
Baby Carrots
1/4 cup Spicy Brown Mustard
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
1 can Beef Broth

Begin by spraying down your slow cooker with Pam to prevent sticking.  Then chop your potatoes into six cubes and mix them with the carrots.
Place the pork loin on top of the potatoes and carrots.
Mix together the mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
Spread this evenly on the pork loin.  I also tried to get all of the sides to the meat while I did it.  Then pour the can of broth over it all.
I cooked this on low for eight hours.
Sorry the picture kept coming out so foggy because of all the steam coming out of the slow cooker.  I took the pork out and tried to cut it into eight slices.
The meat was falling right apart.  This could probably be checked after six hours instead of eight.  The meat was a little dry at first.  I poured some of the juices over it and it was fine.
Everything is this dish had so much flavor!  I want to try the mustard mixture on chicken next time! :)

Nutritional Info:
4 Servings
Calories: 323
Fat: 5
Carbs: 35
Protein: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment