Saturday, May 19, 2012

Couscous with Vegetables

On Mother's Day I was looking for a side dish to make for our family party.  It was the 7th day of the GM diet where I was allowed fruit, veggies, and brown rice.  This recipe fit in perfectly.

Ingredients:
2 Yellow Squash or Zucchini
Large Onion
28oz Stewed Tomatoes
2c Water
2 5.6oz Boxes of Couscous
1c Slivered Almonds
1c Raisins

I found a brown rice couscous that I could use instead of regular couscous so that I was still on plan.  I ended up having to use 4c of water instead of 2 since it is a different type of couscous.


Chop onion, squash, and zucchini


Combine the onion, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, spice packets, and water in the slow cooker.


Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.  Add the couscous to the slow cooker.  Cook for an additional 20 minutes.


Add raisins and almonds.  Then serve.


It was nice having a clean dish, but it was not one of my favorites.  I did love having it for the 7th day though.

Nutritional Info: (3/4c)
198 Calories
6g Fat
5g Fiber
8g Protein
32g Carbs
5 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment