Friday, May 4, 2012

Enchilada Soup

While deciding on a Cinco de Mayo meal, I remembered that my aunt had emailed a recipe to me a long time ago that she liked.  I was a little nervous since we're not huge fans of spicy food, but this soup was great!

Ingredients:
3 c Chicken Broth
1 1/4 c Celery
1/2 c Onion
3 c Enchilada Sauce
15 oz Pure Pumpkin
10 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 1/2 c Frozen Corn

Optional Toppings:
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Crushed Baked Tortilla Chips
Sour Cream


Chop the onion and celery.  I did this the night before so that putting together the crock pot in the morning was super easy.


Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.


Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.


I topped my soup with sour cream and tortilla chips.  It was delicious and healthy at the same time!  I would definitely make it again.  It's low in calories so you have room for a margarita!  :p

Nutritional Information: (Serves 8)
123 Calories
1g Fat
3g Fiber
9g Protein
18g Carbs
3 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment