Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cilantro Lime Chicken

Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs.  I was excited to see how this recipe would turn out.  It was very simple to put together in the morning.

Ingredients:

4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or a 1 lb Chicken
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 c Lime Juice
1/4 c Nonalcoholic or Light Beer
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 c Fresh Cilantro, packed
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper



Rub the oil on the chicken and put it in the slow cooker.


Chop the cilantro.


Mix the lime juice, beer, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.


Spoon the mixture over the chicken.


Cover and cook on Low for 6 - 8 hours or 3 - 4 hours.


Slice the chicken and serve with side dishes.


We were surprised that the chicken didn't really taste like cilantro or lime.  I think it had a good flavor, but definitely not cilantro & lime.  I think I cooked our chicken a little too long.  It got a little dry and started shredding.  I cooked it for 8 hours.  I would suggest closer to 6 hours if cooking on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment