Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sesame Turkey

Sorry I haven't been posting at all lately.  I guess I just got caught up with the beautiful Spring / Summer weather here in Michigan.  I was really excited to try this recipe!!

Ingredients:
3 lb Turkey Breast
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper
1/4 cup Fat Free Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
4 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, grated
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Green Onion, chopped
1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
2 tablespoons Corn Starch
1 tablespoon water
(I accidentally deleted the photo of all the ingredients)

The turkey should be thawed before you begin.  Mine wasn't completely thawed so I added an hour on to my cooking time.  Place the Turkey into the slow cooker and sprinkle it with the red and black pepper.
Next I began chopping the garlic and green onion and grating the ginger.  This was my first time working with the ginger but it was easy.
Then you can mix the remaining ingredients together, except for the corn starch and water.
Pour this mixture over the turkey and you are all done!
I cooked this on low for seven hours and it was on warm for three more hours.
Take the turkey out and place it on a separate plate.  Then mix together the corn starch and water in a glass.  You can turn the slow cooker to high and stir in the corn starch.  I let this sit on high for about 15 minutes.
While this was thickening I worked on taking the netting off of the turkey and slicing it into eight pieces.
Then you can evenly spread the gravy on top of the turkey.
I served it with broccoli and red skinned potatoes.
It was so good!  I will definitely be serving this at dinner parties in the future.

Nutritional Info (Turkey only)
8 Servings
WW Points Plus: 5
Calories: 90
Fat: 3
Carbs: 6
Protein: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment