Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

I have always loved stir fry's. It is such a great way to get in a lot of veggies.

Ingredients:
4 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
1t Salt
1t Crystallized Ginger (minced) or 1/4t Ground Ginger
1c Celery
5 oz Water Chestnuts, sliced and drained
1 Onion, sliced
2c Chicken Broth
2T Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1c Mushrooms, sliced
1lb Bean Sprouts, drained
2c Cooked Brown Rice
1/2c Almonds, slivered

I found out that I didn't have soy sauce like I thought. I used Teriyaki instead. It still tasted great with the substitution.

The night before I cut up all the veggies to save time in the morning. Slice the celery

Slice the onion

Slice the chicken into strips about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick

Place chicken in slow cooker with salt, ginger, celery, water chestnuts, onions, broth, and soy sauce


Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours

Turn slow cooker on high. Add mushroom and bean sprouts. cover and cook on high 15 minutes.

This is where I had a problem. The food cooked throughout the whole day, but when we tried to turn the cooker on high we realized that the heating element stopped working. :( I need to take the slow cooker back to the store now. Hopefully, they will exchange it without a problem since I've only had it a couple months. We finished cooking the meal in the oven.

Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with extra soy sauce, if desired.


The stirfry was very yummy. I did add more teriyaki. We served it with white rice, but it would be even healthier if you used brown rice or couscous. I've made stirfry over couscous before and it was really good.

Nutrition:
380 Calories
11g Fat
5g Fiber
33g Protein
34g Carbs
9 WW PointsPlus

Recipe from FaveDiets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment