Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken

Tonight I made a really simple Pulled Chicken recipe.  It was very simple to make at the last minute!

Ingredients:
1 lb Boneless Chicken
1 can Pineapple
1 Onion
1 jar BBQ Sauce

Place the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker and cover it with the chopped onion.
Drain the pineapple and spread it over the onions.

Pour the bottle of BBQ sauce on top and you are finished!


This was so easy I was able to do it all before work instead of the night before.  I set it on low for seven hours and then it sat on warm for three more hours.
Use a fork and shred the chicken.  It was falling apart on it's own so I was able to keep it in the crock when I did it.
This ended up having a lot of sauce!  Next time I think I will add twice as much chicken.
Since it was so saucy I think I will prepare it with rice for the leftovers.  It was fantastic though!  It had a sweet and tangy taste to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment