Sunday, April 15, 2012

Apricot and Pecan Brie

Everyone in my family brought a dish for Easter. I decided to make Brie as an appetizer. I love Brie! This was an awesome choice. :D It has a unique spiced sweet flavor.

Ingredients:
1 Large Round of Brie
1/2 c Chopped Dried Apricots
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Water
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 c Chopped Pecans


I shaved the white rind off of the top of the Brei so that it was softer to dip into. I didn't touch the rest.


Mix the apricots, balsamic venegar, brown sugar, water, and rosemary in a separate bowl.


Place the Brie in a glass oven safe serving bowl. Spoon the mixture on top of the Brie. You could put the ingredients straight in the slow cooker, but I decided to put all of the ingredients in a serving bowl so that it would be easier to serve at the party. It worked out perfectly! It was ready to serve immediately, and I didn't even have to wash the slow cooker!


Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the Brie. Then place the dish in the slow cooker.


Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or low for 3 hours. Serve with crackers and apples.


My family LOVED this! It is not healthy, but it was delicious! They had to keep pulling themselves away from it! Haha

Recipe from Oprah.com

No comments:

Post a Comment