Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bean Soup

I wanted to make a healthy soup to keep in the house to keep us full.  I thought a bean soup would hit the spot!

Ingredients:
8 c Chicken Broth
16-20 oz Package of 15 or 16 Dried Bean Soup Mix
14.5oz Can of Diced Tomatoes, undrained
2 c Carrots
3 Stalks of Celery
1 Large Onion
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (or 1/2 tsp Basil & 1/2 tsp Oregano)
1/2 tsp Pepper


Soak the beans in a lot of water over night.  Make sure the bowl is large so that they have room to expand.  I made that mistake before.


Chop the carrots, celery, and onion.


Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.


Cover and cook on Low for 8 - 10 hours.  Next time I actually would cook it on high for a little while in th beginning since I prefer the beans somewhat broken down.


Dinner is served.  My husband and dad liked it a lot.  :)  I think it's a nice clean meal.  It worked out perfectly for my "No bread or white carbs Monday and Tuesdays"


Nutritional Info: (12 Servings)
188 Calories
1 Fat
13 Fiber
32 Carbs
12 Protein
4 WW PointsPlus

Recipe from Betty Crocker

No comments:

Post a Comment