Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pot Roast

I am trying to eat low carb on Mondays and Tuesdays from now on.  I have heard that this can drastically help your weight loss goals.  I am still staying within my WW points for the day as well.  I figured a good old fashion pot roast would be a great way to start my new challenge.
Ingredients:
2 lb Chuck Roast
16 oz Mushrooms
10 oz Baby Carrots
1 Onion
1 can FF Cream of Mushroom
1/2 cup Water
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.  I put the liner in the slow cooker and sprayed it with Pam.
Wash and slice the stems off of the mushrooms, peel and quarter the onion and pour in the carrots.
Next you can mix together the water, soup and soup mix.
Pour it on top of the vegetables and mix it around so that it is spread evenly throughout.
I cooked this on low for nine hours and it sat on warm for two more.
It turned out perfectly!!! I'm normally not a fan of pot roast but this was delicious!
The meat came right a part with just the fork!  If you left out the vegetables you could easily make this into sandwiches. 
I didn't realize how bad this kind of meat was for you though.  Next time I will make sure to either buy a leaner cut or take off all of the fat before I cooked it.

Nutritional Info:
5 Servings
WW Points Plus: 16
Calories: 488
Fat: 16
Carbs: 19
Protein: 62

No comments:

Post a Comment