Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken

Lately I have been craving Mediterranean food so much that I decided to start trying to make it at home.  This dish turned out so good!  There were so many bold flavors that I would recommend it to anyone!
Ingredients:
1 lb Boneless Chicken
10 oz Portabella Mushrooms
14 oz Artichoke Hearts
6 oz Black Olives (low sodium)
1 pint Stewed Tomatoes (smaller than the one in the picture)
5 Garlic Cloves
1 cup Chicken Broth (Fat Free)
2 tablespoons Corn Starch
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
First I prepared my slow cooker with a liner and I sprayed it with cooking oil.  Then I quartered the mushrooms, artichokes and olives.  Mix them together with the stewed tomatoes and finely chopped garlic.
Sprinkle the corn starch on top of everything.
After this I defrosted my chicken for about one minute so that I was able to cut through it.  I cubed it it and laid it on top of the mixture and sprinkled the seasoning on top. Then evenly pour one cup of broth over the chicken.
I cooked this on low for eight hours and then it sat on warm for two more hours.
I served this on a cup of wheat pasta.
It had such a unique taste! I loved it! :)

Nutritional Info: (without pasta)
6 Servings
WW Points Plus: 4
Calories: 264
Fat: 9
Carbs: 13
Protein: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment