Monday, April 9, 2012

Ranch Vegetables

The whole family went over to my parents house to celebrate Easter Sunday. I decided to try to make a healthy dish to make up for some of the unhealthy ones. I love grilled vegetables so much!! I tried to make them in the slow cooker. The great part is you can add whatever you really like and it will trying out fantastic!
Ingredients:
1 Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Orange Pepper
1 Zucchini
1 Summer Squash
1c Carrots
1 package Mushrooms (I would add 3 next time since they are a family favorite)
1 Packet Ranch Mix
1/2c Water (I don't think you even need this)
Start by washing and chopping your vegetables and mixing them together in the slow cooker.
Next, just sprinkle the ranch mix on top of them all.
Evenly pour the water over all the vegetables and mix it all together.
I cooked mine on low for four hours. I thought the vegetables were overdone. It probably would have been fine on low for two hours. I like a little crunch when I eat them.
Everyone was complimenting me on them during dinner! I thought the dish was a success! :) I think I will start making this in bulk on Sundays and packaging them up for lunches during the week.

Nutritional Info:
6 servings (a lot more in a group setting)
WW Points Plus: 0
Calories: 75
Fat: 4
Carbs: 10
Protein: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment