Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chicken and Bean Burritos

I have never made Burritos before where you actually cook them in the oven with cheese on top of them. I was excited to try it out and they were easier than I thought!!

Ingredients:
1.5 lb Boneless Chicken
30 oz Black Beans
16 oz Salsa
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 cup Corn
1 tablespoon Cumin
2 tablespoons Vinegar
10 oz Taco Sauce
10 Wheat Tortillas
15 oz Fat Free Refried Beans
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
8 oz Light Sour Cream
Add the Chicken, Beans, Corn, Salsa, Tomatoes and Cumin together in the slow cooker.
I cooked this on low for eight hours and it sat on warm for two hours.
Pour in the vinegar and shred the chicken with a fork while mixing it all together. I was sure that I took a picture but I can't find it now. Next, layout your tortilla and spread a spoonful of the refried beans down the center. I thought it was easier for folding after I put the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
After this I put two pretty big spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on top of the refried beans.
Spread half of the jar of taco sauce on your baking pan. Then fold in the top and bottom of the tortilla and then the sides. Place the burrito in the baking pan with the seam side facing down.
You really have to push them together to get all ten of them to fit in a 9x13 pan.
Pour the rest of the taco seasoning on top of them and spread it around evenly.
Sprinkle the cheese on top of all the burritos.
I had quite a bit of the chicken mixture left over so I saved it to serve on rice later. I took this portion out when I figured the nutritional information.
Bake the burritos on 350 for about 15 minutes.
I put a little dab of sour cream on top of mine.
They turned out perfectly!! I can't wait to have them as leftovers.

Nutritional Info:
Serving Size: 1 Burrito
WW Points Plus: 10
Calories: 335
Fat: 8
Carbs: 42
Protein: 23

1 comment: