Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cashew Chicken

For Girl's Night last weekend my friend made us Cashew Chicken.  I love this dish!! So I thought I would try to make it with my slow cooker.  There are a few changes I would make in the future but it still turned out really good! :)
Ingredients:
1.5lb Boneless Chicken
1 Can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom
3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Package California Blend Frozen Vegetables
1 Package Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
1/2 Cup Cashews, Chopped

In the slow cooker you can stir the soup and the soy sauce together.
Next I put the frozen chicken on defrost in the microwave for two minutes.  This thaws them enough to let you cut them.  I sliced them into pretty big chunks.  Then I mixed the chicken, vegetables and mushrooms into the sauce.
I cooked this for seven hours on low and then it sat on warm for a little while.
I couldn't believe how mushy the vegetables got!  Next time I would definitely wait to add the frozen vegetables until about a half hour before you are going to serve the meal.  It was still really good, but would have been better with a little more crunch.  After this you can chop up your cashews and toss them in.
I served this over whole grain rice with a side of crab wontons.
If you try this one let me know how it turned out when you add the vegetables later.  Also, maybe doubling the vegetables would be a good idea to make it more filling.

Nutritional Info:
Servings: 6
WW Points Plus: 5
Calories: 254
Fat: 9g
Carbs: 10
Protein: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment