Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cube Steak

I've never tried making cube steak on my own before, but I always liked my parents version with the mushroom gravy. I decided to give it a try and I loved it!
Ingredients:
1 lb Cube Steak
4 Potatoes (I used gold because I had them)
1 bag Baby Carrots
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms (I would double this next time)
1 can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom
1 cup Water
Seasoning Salt
Pepper
Start by Sprinkling both sides of the cube steak with the seasoning salt and pepper. Spray the frying pan with some olive oil Pam and place the steak in it. Break up the pieces as you cook it.
While this is cooking you can start cutting up your potatoes and adding them to the slow cooker. Mix in your mushrooms and carrots as well.
When the meat is browned on both sides you can place it in the slow cooker.
Mix together the soup and the water.
Pour this evenly over the slow cooker and try to get everything a little wet.
I cooked this on low for six hours and then it sat on warm for four more hours.
It was delicious!! My favorite part was that the entire meal was ready when I got home.
Nutritional Info:
4 Servings
WW Points Plus: 9
Calories: 407
Fat: 12g
Carbs: 33
Protein: 42

No comments:

Post a Comment