Friday, February 24, 2012

Rice and Lentils

I thought this would be a great side for dinner. Normally we love to eat rice with dal on top. I figured this would be just like that but mixed. Unfortunately, I was wrong...

Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2 3/4 c Chicken Broth
3/4 c Water
3/4 c Dry Lentils
3/4 c Onions, chopped
1/2 c Dry White Rice
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/8 tsp Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 c Shredded Mozzarella

Mix all of the ingredients in the slow cooker except the cheese.


Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Do not remove the lid until it has cooked for 6 hours.


Stir in the sheredded cheese 5-10 minutes before serving.

My family and I did not like this recipe... We actually made mashed potatoes instead. My hubby did like it, but he'll take any kind of rice. ;) I guess every recipe can't be perfect.

Nutritional Info: (For a large serving)
311 Calories
6g Fat
7g Fiber
20g Protein
47g Carbs
8 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment