Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chicken and Rice

I felt like comfort food this week. This chicken and rice did the trick.

Ingredients:
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 1/3 c Water
3/4 c White rice, uncooked
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Pepper - I would use 1/8 tsp next time, but I'm not a fan of pepper
1 tsp Garlic Salt
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves

Usually, I use a 6 Qt slow cooker. This time I decided to use a smaller crock so that the rice was not spread out as much while cooking. I was worried that it would over cook.

You could substitute the white rice for brown rice to make this a healthier meal.


Mix all of the ingredients except the chicken in the slow cooker.


Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the chicken with additional paprika and garlic salt.


Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.


It did not look pretty when I got home, but once I stirred the rice it looked much better.

It tasted great too. My husband loved it, but he does love anything with rice. ;) I did serve it with corn also since we need at least 1 veggie with dinner. I just mixed the corn in my meal.

Nutritional Info:
333 Calories
8g Fat
1g Fiber
24g Protein
38g Carbs
8 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment