Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken Marsala

I went out to a fancy restaurant and ordered Chicken Marsala last weekend. It was amazing so I decided there had to be a way to make a healthier version in the slow cooker. This dish turned out perfectly!! It is really easy to make and will really impress a dinner party!!

Ingredients:
2 lb Boneless Chicken
3 Cloves Garlic
1 8oz Package of Sliced Mushrooms (I may use two next time)
1 cup Marsala Wine (I had never heard of this but I found it at the local grocery store)
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Corn Starch
Either mince or slice the garlic up finely and spread it across the bottom of the slow cooker (after you spray it with Pam of course). Then place the chicken breasts on top.  Sprinkle both sides of them with salt and pepper first. I sliced them in half so that I would have a better idea of portion sizes when it was finished.
Spread the mushrooms out over the chicken and then evenly pour the wine on top.
I let this cook on low for six hours and then it sat on warm for five and a half.
I looked a little scary when I got home but once you break it apart and mix it up a little it is fine. Now you want to take the chicken out of the slow cooker and cover it to keep it warm. Mix together the water and the corn starch until it is smooth.
Stir this into the slow cooker until it looks evenly mixed.
Then place the top back on and cook it on high for 10 minutes or until it seems like it has thickened. Once this is completed you can put the chicken back into the slow cooker.
Cover this and let it stay on high for about 15 minutes. This way the sauce thickens and the meat is heated throughout.
I served this over rice with a side of broccoli.  My friend and I loved it! I can't wait for leftovers... I wish I would have taken a picture of the final product...

Nutritional Info: (without rice)
8 Servings
WW Points Plus: 4
Calories: 143
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 3
Protein: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment