Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pad Thai

Peanut butter is one of my favorite things to eat. I got the brilliant idea of figuring out how to make Pad Thai. I was so excited for this dish. I couldn't wait to get home from work and try it!

Ingredients: (Serves 6)
6 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
1 Large Onion
1/2c Chicken Broth
1/4c Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakesk (I only used 1/4 tsp since my family is weak :-p )
Salt and Pepper to Taste

2 Tbsp Cornstarch
2/3c Creamy Peanut Butter (I used Natural)
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/4c Lime Juice
3 Green Onion, chopped
Bean Sprouts (1 can or 2 cups)
1/2c Chopped Roasted Peanuts
Rice Noodles (Pad Thai)


Chop the Onion


Place the onions and chicken in the slow cooker. You could chop or slice the chicken before you place it in the crockpot. I wanted to save time though and placed it in whole. It was very easy to chop it after it was done cooking.


Mix the chicken broth, 1/4c soy sauce, cumin, garlic, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken and onions.


Cover and cook on low for 4.5 to 5 hours.


Remove 1 cup of the juice from the slow cooker.


Mix the juice with the cornstarch, peanut butter, 1T soy sauce, and lime juice.


Stir the sauce back into the slow cooker. Replace the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes.


Serve the chicken over rice noodles. Garnish with green onion, bean sprouts, and roasted peanuts.


This was one of my favorite recipes! It could probably be lightened up more by using less peanut butter.

Nutritional Info: (without rice noodles)
345 Calories
16g Fat
3g Fiber
34g Protein
36g Carbs
11 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment