Friday, February 17, 2012

Marinated Mushrooms

I love mushrooms so I was trying to think of a healthy way to make all mushrooms in the slow cooker. This did not turn out the way I had wanted. I guess I will just have to try it again in the future. This version is too teriyaki-ish for my taste.
Ingredients:
32 oz Fresh Mushrooms
2 cups Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Low Fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Light Butter
2 cups water
You can start by adding the water, soy sauce, splenda, butter and yougurt to sauce pan and heat it to low. While you are waiting for the butter to melt you can begin washing the mushrooms and cutting the stems off. Place all of the mushrooms into the slow cooker.
Once the butter is melted you can slowly stir in the sugar until it is all dissolved.
Pour this mixture over the mushrooms.
I left my slow cooker on low for ten hours.  The house did smell great when I got home..
I'm going to use the leftover just to marinade some chicken!
Nutritional Facts:  (This counts all of the juice which you don't actually eat)
6 Servings
WW Points Plus: 6
Calories: 143
Fat: 7g
Carbs: 15
Protein: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment