Thursday, February 16, 2012

French Dip

French Dip is one of my dad's favorites. I wanted to see how a french dip cooked in a crockpot compared to the restaurants tasted.

Ingredients:
3 lb Beef Brisket (not corned beef)
1 pkg Dry Onion Soup Mix
1 Can Condensed Beef Broth
8 Mini Baguettes or Sandwich Buns

I have had beef brisket at 2 different BBQ restaurants before and it was so yummy. The cost of the beef brisket ($6/lb) was not worth it though... I would just use a pot roast next time.


Place beef in the slow cooker.

Mix the broth and onion soup mix.


Pour mixture over the beef.


Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.


Remove the beef from the slow cooker and slice against the grain. I would recommend letting it cool for a little while. Mine fell apart while I sliced it. I guess I shouldn't complain that the meat was so tender it fell apart, but I wanted a pretty picture! :p

Serve the beef inside a bun or roll with a side dish of the au jus for dipping.


It was very tasty! My family including my dad loved it! By the way, I know you don't usually make a french dip with a hamburger bun. At least my husband did the shopping for me. :p I'll take my trade-offs. Sorry the picture doesn't look like a traditional French Dip. Hehe

Nutritional Info (Beef w/o the Roll)
268 Calories
13g Fat
0g Fiber
36g Protein
0g Carbs
7 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment