Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken and Sweet Potato Soup

This was a great stew because it was so unique! I loved the hint of cinnamon in it.
Ingredients:
2 Sweet Potatoes
3 Gold Potatoes
1 lb Boneless Chicken
1/2 bag Baby Carrots
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 jar Stewed Tomatoes
1 can Chicken Broth
Begin by peeling all of the potatoes, cutting them into cubes and placing them in the slow cooker. Next, I put the chicken in the microwave for a minute so that it would be soft enough to slice. Then I cut it into cubes and mixed it in with the potatoes and carrots.
After this I added all of the spices on top and poured the broth and tomatoes over it all. Mix it all together (gently) and you are ready to go!
I cooked this on low for eight hours and then it sat on warm for three more.
I really liked this dinner. It was really different and something to look forward to having when you are stuck in a rut. I think it would be a really good Fall dish to make.
Nutritional Info:
6 Servings
WW Points Plus: 6
Calories: 238
Fat: 2
Carbs: 35
Protein: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment