Monday, March 5, 2012

Pizza Casserole

I have been meaning to try a pizza casserole but they don't call for a long cooking time so I had to wait until I had a day off. It was awesome!! This would also be a great meal for anyone with kids. You can add whatever toppings you normally like on your pizza.
Ingredients:
1 Onion
1 Green Pepper
16 oz Mushroom (because I love them!)
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 lb Turkey Sausage (I used mild)
4 cans Pizza Sauce
2 cups Mozzarella (Part Skim)
1.5 cups finely Shredded Parmesan
1 box Whole Wheat Pasta
First you want to brown both kinds of turkey together. I had to take the sausage out of the casing before I could do this.
While this is cooking chop up the onion, pepper and mushrooms and add them to the slow cooker. Then combind all of the ingredients. This is such an easy recipe!!
I cooked this on high for two hours. I thought it turned out perfect because the onions and peppers were still a little crunchy like they would be on a pizza. You could always cook it on low for four hours if you have more time.
It was sooo good!! It is the perfect replacement for any pizza craving you may have!  You can make it lighter if you want by adding more vegetables and making it a few more servings too!
Nutritional Info:
8 Servings
WW Points Plus: 13
Calories: 597
Fat: 24
Carbs: 58
Protein: 44
This meal is kind of on the high side but I would say it's worth it if you plan correctly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment