Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tapioca Pudding

Here's another low cal dessert to satisfy those sweet cravings! Cooking tapioca in the slow cooker is a lot less work than making it over the stove!

Ingredients: (Serves 8)
4 c Milk
2/3 c Splenda
1/2 c Small Pearl Tapioca
1/2 c Eggbeaters, lightly beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt


Yes, that gigantic bottle is real vanilla. I suggest buying a bottle if you ever go to Mexico. It is super cheap and REAL vanilla!

Mix all of the ingredients together in the slow cooker. Make sure that you beat the eggs well when you add them to the slow cooker. I don't think I did this well. I would like to try it out again and see if the consistency changes.


Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Stir the tapioca about every 1/2 hour to keep the pudding at a consistent texture. Unfortunately, I did not take the time to do this enough. This is something else I would like to do the next time I make this recipe.


It didn't seem like the texture was as smooth as some tapioca's that I have seen in the past. That is why I suggest beating the eggs and stirring the tapioca while cooking. It didn't affect the flavor though!


I served the tapioca warm with some sugar and milk on top. It tasted great! I love the hint of salt in the tapioca mixed with the sugar on top! Plus, I can't believe it's so low cal! :D

Nutritional Info:
87 Calories
0g Fat
0g Fiber
6g Protein
15g Carbs
2 WW PointsPlus

2 comments: