Thursday, March 15, 2012

Irish Stew

I love St Patrick's Day!! So while getting into the spirit I decided to try some Irish dishes... This one was fantastic and healthy! :)

Ingredients:
1.5 lb Cube Steak
2.5 cups Water
2 tablespoons Corn Starch
3 cups Carrots (or the whole bag)
4 stalks Celery
1 Parsnip
1 Onion
1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
2 teaspoons Sea Salt
1 Bay Leaf
1 teaspoon Basil

You can start by browning the cube steak on the stove.  I had to cut this up after because it was still too tough to break apart.  While you are cooking this you can mix together the water and corn starch.
Once the meat is cooked, place it in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the mixture over it.
Chop up all of the vegetables and put them in the slow cooker as well as the spices.  Mix everything together and it is ready to cook!
I cooked mine on high for eight hours and it sat on warm for two more hours.
This had a lot more flavor than I thought it would.  The meat just fell apart after all that time in the slow cooker.  I will definitely be making this again!


Nutritional Info:
6 Servings
WW Points Plus: 7
Calories: 260
Fat: 9g
Carbs: 16
Protein: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment